Friday, August 29, 2008

Leaving... on a jet plane...


After accepting a contractor position in Baghdad in the middle of June and 2 months of waiting, I'm on my way to Iraq today. There were several false starts and delays because of administrative issues, but now I'm getting ready to finally leave.

I've spent the last week at Ft Benning in Georgia inprocessing and training with the US Army, doing things such as getting my smallpox vaccine, getting basic first aid training, and getting equipment issued for my deployment.

Finally, after all this time, I'm in the passenger terminal of the airfield here awaiting my plane and the beginning of my adventure. I look forward to sharing my experiences and photos with everyone as I go through this and hope to hear your feedback about what you might want

3 comments:

Christine F. said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for details.

Have a nice flight!

Anonymous said...

God bless you, bro. Have fun--I know you can! I can't wait to see how your time in the 40m improves.

--Neil

sargemommy said...

Dad and I will be checking this out often. We miss you already!!!!