Monday, November 10, 2008

Made it to Irbil


I took a convoy from Mosul to Irbil last night and got in late. I stayed up even later to watch the Giants take a win over the Eagles and I'm seriously regretting it -- I'm pretty exhausted today. The house I'm in is very nice... its in a quiet part of Irbil, which is in Kurdish territory. The Kurds do a good job of policing and have kept all the infighting outside of their territory. Its safe enough, in fact, that we dont need body armor to walk around the city.

The photo above is part of the neighborhood that I'm in.

3 comments:

Christine F. said...

Glad your traveling is almost over, though I'm sure you're loving the opportunity to see new places.

I love the latest batch of pictures. Iraq is quite beautiful.

sargemommy said...

wow,,i am glad i did not know you were going on the convoy, thats right you did not tell me that...oh brother, what a ride you have been on only in a few months!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Photos.

I'm so glad having found your blog.
I served in Iraq for the Spanish Army and fell in love with the Iraqi landscape. Such a beautiful country and unfortunately so much trouble.

I would like to return to Iraq to make some extra money and enjoying the landscape.
A friend of mine who works in Baghdad for a private contractor recommended me the company "Spelato Security Engineering" (www.sse-security.com). Regarding their page, they seem to pay good money for easy missions. Have you heard sth of that company?

Sincerly yours,

José