Monday, April 20, 2009

Moving this summer

We got word over the weekend that our company's operations here will be moving to Joint Base Balad, which is north of Baghdad. The US military is looking to start turning significant tracts of land back to the Iraqis, and our compound is high on the list because we are right next to Iraqi neighborhoods already.

Fortunately for me it seems like this will be occurring in the June/July timeframe, which is right around when I will be coming back from vacation. Because of this, I will only have a manageable 45-60 days at the new site... I will be able to cope with any inconvenient situations because of this (read: having a roomate). We'll see.

In the meantime, I now have a newfound sense of urgency to get out and photograph all the palaces here again. I just got my new tripod in last week... a carbon-fiber setup with a gimbal-type head. Im hoping to get some beautiful shots of the palaces to share with everyone.

No comments: