Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Exciting World Series shaping up

The Tampa Bay Rays have had a terrific season, and I couldn't be happier for them. Not just because they beat the Red Sox in the ALCS to make it in, but because I do enjoy the underdog story. The Rays, who had never had a winning season in their 11-year existance, beat the defending champs and the Yankees to win the AL East divisional title and have powered their way through the playoffs to get to the World Series against the Phillies, a team that hasn't won a World Series since 1980. A truly exciting World Series to watch, and where will I be? I'll be excited to check the ESPN.com home page every morning to see the scores and highlights.

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

The World Series is probably my favorite sports playoff. I like it best when anyone but the Yankees are in in the series. So it should be great this year.

I also love your photos. Here is a photo-blog that is also a favorite: http://www.skybag.blogspot.com/