Sunday, October 5, 2008

R.I.P. Nancy

Yesterday my parents' neighbor and good friend of my mother passed away. It was fairly unexpected... from what I understand she was in fair health but was admitted into the hospital the evening prior with bruising all over her body. Turns out she was having some sort of issue that was causing her blood to coagulate (clump). This unfortunately was not treated fast enough and led her to having a stroke and passing away.

I will always remember Nancy for her always-present smile and words of encouragement that both she and her late husband had for me through some big decisions and hard times in my adult life. She was a good friend to my mother and I know she will be missed by anyone that knew her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for yours and your family's loss Joe. You're always in my thoughts & prayers.

sargemommy said...

that was beautifully written..thanks....Mom

Christine F. said...

It was pretty sad. Mom was at the reception site on the way down to visit and got the phone call about the stroke. She turned around and headed home, but unfortunately, did not get there in time to say good-bye.

I'm very sad too. Nancy was very fun, and I was looking forward to having her at my wedding. :(