Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another day, another dust storm


Sometime early this morning our latest dust storm settled in, and now I have my first experience with this dust in the daytime. The best way I can describe it is thats its very much like being in fog. The sun isnt visible, but you can tell its there behind the brightest part of the sky. You have to drive with your headlights on so that other drivers can see you. The only difference is that instead of laying down a layer of wonderful, life-giving water, we get a layer of choking dust.

The photo above is one of the many animals I've seen around here... a lot of stray cats and dogs, rats, and packs of fox-looking animals... Im not sure that they're actually foxes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for kitties!!! I declare this blog to be newly dedicated to kitties! Weeee

Leigh Ann said...

Awwwww!! Makes me want to fly to Baghdad and rescue all the kitties!! This one's such a cutie!!