Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ivan and the news


Im a news junkie. If I'm at home, I want to watch the news before I go to work. While Im at work, I frequent the news websites. When I get home, I check the news to make sure I didnt miss anything since I left work. And before I go to bed, I check the news again. You never know what might happen, right?

Over here they run all the news stations on the AFN News channel, but its all on a delay. Theres nothing like watching the news talking about how Hurricane Ivan is approaching Galveston while I know from checking the internet that it struck hours ago.

I'm also a hurricane junkie. I used to spend my summers waiting for the Tropical Update with Bob Hope on the Weather Channel for the latest developments on tropical waves in the Atlantic. Being over here and not being able to follow all that... kinda a bummer.

The photo above was taken about 30 minutes before sunset yesterday near one of the buildings here. The sky is really blown out, but I didnt have much time to properly compose my shot -- I had a few guys waiting on me for dinner. Hopefully Ill catch a sunset the way I want to here one of these days.

No comments: