Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day!


I woke up for my first day and guess what I did on my Labor Day... I worked of course! Business surely doesnt slow down here just because its a holiday. I can guarantee that it was much hotter on my Labor Day - 120 degrees - but they did try to make it as normal for us as possible. We had a small bbq-type lunch, complete with KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut, and non-alcoholic beer. Its like drinking regular beer, but without the nasty hangover or confidence in social situations that comes along with regular beer. Its the best of both worlds!

The above picture was taken on our C-130 as we were on our way from Ali Al-Salem in Kuwait to Baghdad International Airport (BIAP as its known in these parts).

2 comments:

kim holt said...

glad you made it safe and sound. I will check in daily.
Kimmie

sargemommy said...

I love this site!!!! I will be checking every day. I am sure everyone in the family will be checking as well.....