Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend fun


I'm beginning to learn that even though some of us (including me) don't have a day off over here, there is still fun to be had on weekends. Ok... maybe not fun, but at least something to look forward to. Friday nights at one of the chow halls here is T-bone steak, crab legs, and fried shrimp night. Its no Sweetwater, but for over here its pretty decent food. Sundays at another chow hall is chicken and dumpling night - something I experienced when I arrived here last Sunday. Both quite delicious, and the folks in my office count down the days until good old Surf 'n Turf night at the DFAC.

Last night me and the guys from my office - there's four of us - played ping pong until about 1130pm. They're all pretty good, so I've got some practicing to do to get my skills up to be competitive with them. When we finished playing it was still over 100 degrees at midnight, so needless to say we had worked up a mighty good sweat. It was pretty much like playing ping pong in a sauna. With lizards. And roaches. Fun...

The photo above is one of the many, many lizards that hang out in and around my building that I live in.

2 comments:

Christine F. said...

Lizards are cute.

Roaches...eww. Shudders.

I saw a nice fat roach walkng down the hallway here at the Pentagon today.

How big are they over there?

Anonymous said...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the lizard wants to play ping pong? *scoff* No, no you didn't.