Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stuff to write home about


There are things over here that this blog will never contain. Because of where I am, there are just some photos that I've taken or things I've experienced that would be considered too sensitive to post for the general public to see or read. Its an unfortunate thing that I knew I'd have to deal with, and Im actually quite happy that I've received permission to photograph anything here on my compound, so I'm lucky.

One of the things I can talk about, though, is one of the funniest things I've seen since I got here. I was outside talking to Jose, one of our paramedics, when we heard a woman screaming. We walked over to see what was going on and a woman that works in logistics was standing outside looking into the office. We looked inside and there was Fred, another logistics guy, running around the office with a stick and yelling. What was going on? Rats, she said. Fred was chasing down rats with the stick and killing them.

Gross, I know. But if you had been here to see Fred running around the office like that, you might have laughed your ass off like I did.

The photo above is a more detailed photo of the ceiling from the previous post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor ratties :o(

Anonymous said...

Pretty details on the ceiling! I, too, am glad that you get to take some pictures over there. BUT please, please, please, no pictures of the rats - dead or alive.