Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DFACs, DFACs everwhere



The base that I'm on - Victory Base Complex, or VBC for short, houses a lot of military and civilian personnel. I can't get into exact numbers, but its alot. All those soldiers have to eat, so there are several DFACs (Dining Facilities) to choose from. Usually we go to Falcon Palace, but sometimes we switch it up a bit. Off the top of my head, we have:
  • Falcon Palace (RPC)
  • Stryker
  • Slayer
  • Coalition Cafe
  • Airport
  • Oasis Cafe
  • Camp Liberty
Theres not a huge variety but some of them are definitely nicer than others.

The video above is one I found on Youtube -- its not mine, but I wanted to share what the dining hall I go to looks like. Its called Falcon Palace and used to be one of Saddam's facilities. It looks absolutely beautiful from the outside and is equally as nice on the inside. Enjoy!

No comments: